Himalayan Eco Homes recognizes the importance of privacy of its users and also of maintaining confidentiality of the information provided by its users as a responsible data controller and data processor.
Users outside the geographical limits of India
Please note that the data shared with Himalayan Eco Homes shall be primarily processed in India and such other jurisdictions where a third party engaged by us may process the data on our behalf. By agreeing to this policy, you are providing Himalayan Eco Homes with your explicit consent to process your personal information for the purpose(s) defined in this policy. The data protection regulations in India or such other jurisdictions mentioned above may differ from those of your country of residence.
If you have any concerns in the processing of your data and wish to withdraw your consent, you may do so by writing to the following email id: email@example.com. However, if such processing of data is essential for us to be able to provide service to you, then we may not be able to serve or confirm your bookings after your withdrawal of consent.
A withdrawal of consent by you for us to process your information may:
- severely inhibit our ability to serve you properly and in such case, we may have to refuse the booking altogether, or
- unreasonably restrict us to service your booking (if a booking is already made) which may further affect your trip or may compel us to cancel your booking.
Type of information we collect and its legal basis
The information as detailed below is collected by us to be able to provide the services chosen by you and also to fulfill our legal obligations as well as our obligations towards third parties as per our User Agreement.
“Personal Information” of User shall include the information shared by the User and collected by us for the following purposes:
Registration on the Website: Information which you provide while subscribing to or registering on the Website, including but not limited to information about your personal identity such as name, gender, marital status, religion, age etc., your contact details such as your email address, postal addresses, telephone (mobile or otherwise) and/or fax numbers. The information may also include information such as your banking details (including credit/debit card) and any other information relating to your income and/or lifestyle; billing information payment history etc. (as shared by you).
Other information: We may also collect some other information and documents including but not limited to:
- Transactional history (other than banking details) about your e-commerce activities, buying behavior.
- Your usernames, passwords, email addresses and other security-related information used by you in relation to our Services.
- Data either created by you or by a third party and which you wish to store on our servers such as image files, documents etc.
- Data available in public domain or received from any third party including social media channels, including but not limited to personal or non-personal information from your linked social media channels (like name, email address, friend list, profile pictures or any other information that is permitted to be received as per your account settings) as a part of your account information.
- Information pertaining any other traveler(s) for who you make a booking through your registered account with us. In such case, you must confirm and represent that each of the other traveler(s) for whom a booking has been made, has agreed to have the information shared by you disclosed to us and further be shared by us with the concerned service provider(s).
How we use your personal information
The Personal Information collected maybe used in the following manner:
While making a booking
While making a booking, we may use Personal Information including, payment details which include cardholder name, credit/debit card number (in encrypted form) with expiration date, banking details, wallet details etc. as shared and allowed to be stored by you. We may also use the information of travelers list as available in or linked with your account. This information is presented to the User at the time of making a booking to enable you to complete your bookings expeditiously.
We may also use your Personal Information for several reasons including but not limited to:
- confirm your reservations with respective service providers;
- keep you informed of the transaction status;
- send booking confirmations either via sms or Whatsapp or any other messaging service;
- send any updates or changes to your booking(s);
- allow our customer service to contact you, if necessary;
- customize the content of our website, mobile site;
- request for reviews of products or services or any other improvements;
- send verification message(s) or email(s);
- validate/authenticate your account and to prevent any misuse or abuse.
- contact you on your birthday/anniversary to offer a special gift or offer.
We value opinions and comments from our Users and frequently conduct surveys. Participation in these surveys is entirely optional. Typically, the information received is aggregated, and used to make improvements to Website, other Sales Channels, services and to develop appealing content, features and promotions for members based on the results of the surveys. Identity of the survey participants is anonymous unless otherwise stated in the survey.
Marketing Promotions, Research and Programs
Marketing promotions, research and programs help us to identify your preferences, develop programs and improve user experience. Himalayan Eco Homes frequently sponsors promotions to give its Users the opportunity to win great prizes. Personal Information collected by us for such activities may include contact information and survey questions. We use such Personal Information to notify contest winners and survey information to develop promotions and product improvements. As a registered User, you will also occasionally receive updates from us about fare sales, special offers, new services, other noteworthy items and marketing programs.
In addition, you may look forward to receiving periodic marketing emails, newsletters and exclusive promotions offering special deals.
From time to time we may add or enhance services available on the Website. To the extent these services are provided, and used by you, we will use the Personal Information you provide to facilitate the service(s) requested. For example, if you email us with a question, we will use your email address, name, nature of the question, etc. to respond to your question. We may also store such Personal Information to assist us in making the Website better and easier to use for our Users.
Himalayan Eco Homes may from time to time launch reward programs by way of which users may stand to win travel related rewards or other rewards.
How long do we keep your personal information?
Himalayan Eco Homes will retain your Personal Information on its servers for as long as is reasonably necessary for the purposes listed in this policy. In some circumstances we may retain your Personal Information for longer periods of time, for instance where we are required to do so in accordance with any legal, regulatory, tax or accounting requirements.
Where your personal data is no longer required we will ensure it is either securely deleted or stored in a way which means it will no longer be used by anyone.
With whom your personal information is shared?
Service Providers and suppliers
Your information shall be shared with the end service providers like hotel owners/management, homestay owners /management or any other suppliers who are responsible for fulfilling your booking. You may note that while making a booking with Himalayan Eco Homes, you authorize us to share your information with the said service providers and suppliers. It is pertinent to note that we do not authorize the end service provider to use your information for any other purpose(s) except as may be for fulfilling their part of service. However, how the said service providers/suppliers use the information shared with them is beyond the purview and control of Himalayan Eco Homes as they process Personal Information as independent data controllers, and hence we cannot be made accountable for the same.
Himalayan Eco Homes does not sell or rent individual customer names or other Personal Information of Users to third parties except sharing of such information with our business / alliance partners or vendors who are engaged by us for providing various referral services and for sharing promotional and other benefits to our customers from time to time basis their booking history with us.
Companies in the same group
In the interests of improving personalization and service efficiency, we may, under controlled and secure circumstances, share your Personal Information with our affiliate or associate entities. This will enable us to provide you with information about various products and services, both leisure- and travel-related, which might interest you; or help us address your questions and requests in relation to your bookings.
Business partners and third-party vendors
We may also share certain filtered Personal Information to our corporate affiliates or business partners who may contact the customers to offer certain products or services, which may include free or paid products / services, which will enable the customer to have better travel experience or to avail certain benefits specially made for our customers.
Himalayan Eco Homes may share your Personal Information to third party(ies) that we may engage to perform certain tasks on our behalf, including but not limited to payment processing, data hosting, and data processing platforms.
Disclosure of information
In addition to the circumstances described above, Himalayan Eco Homes may disclose User’s Personal Information if required to do so:
- by law, required by any enforcement authority for investigation, by court order or in reference to any legal process;
- to conduct our business;
- for regulatory, internal compliance and audit exercise(s)
- to secure our systems; or
- to enforce or protect our rights or properties of Himalayan Eco Homes or any or all of its affiliates, associates, employees, directors or officers or when we have reason to believe that disclosing Personal Information of User(s) is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing interference with our rights or properties, whether intentionally or otherwise, or when anyone else could be harmed by such activities.
Such disclosure and storage may take place without your knowledge. In that case, we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any damages howsoever arising from such disclosure and storage.
User generated content
Himalayan Eco Homes provides an option to its users to post their experiences by way of reviews, ratings and general poll questions. We may also hire a third party to contact you and gather feedback about your recent booking with Himalayan Eco Homes. Though the participation in the feedback process is purely optional, you may still receive emails, notifications (sms, Whatsapp or any other messaging service) for you to share your review(s). The reviews may be written or in a video format. The reviews written or posted may also be visible on other travel or travel related platforms.
The content that Himalayan Eco Homes will collect may be of the following kinds:
- Review and Ratings
- Question and Answers
- Crowd Source Data Collection (poll questions).
Each User who posts review or ratings, Q&A, photographs shall have a profile, which other Users will be able to access. Other Users may be able to view the number of trips, reviews written, questions asked and answered and photographs posted.
How can you opt-out of receiving our promotional emails?
You will occasionally receive e-mail updates from us about fare sales, special offers, new services, and other noteworthy changes. We hope you will find these updates interesting and informative. If you wish not to receive them, please click on the “unsubscribe” link or follow the instructions in each e-mail message.
How we protect your personal information?
All payments on the Website are secured. Website has stringent security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. Whenever you change or access your account information, we offer the use of a secure server. Once your information is in our possession we adhere to strict security guidelines, protecting it against unauthorized access.
Withdrawal of consent and permission
You may withdraw your consent to submit any or all Personal Information or decline to provide any permissions on our Website as covered above at any time. In case, you choose to do so then your access to the Website may be limited, or we might not be able to provide the services to you. You may withdraw your consent by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Eligibility to transact with Himalayan Eco Homes
You must be atleast 18 years of age to transact directly with Himalayan Eco Homes and also to consent to the processing of your personal data.